Got some inspiration partly from this page so it is only fair that I share my project. I would like to preface these photos by say I'm not one to take on DIY projects and I'm not particularly mechanically inclined
My motivation for this project was that I absolutely hate the feeling of wet carpet when out on the lake. Oh and I should add that this was going to be a simple flooring project that turned into a lot more time and money spent on thing like a brand new excessive sounds system with and a little bit of upholstery work to get rid of imperfections. Go figure!
Most of my time was spent fighting the factory flooring to remove the glue, sanding, and trying different methods to level out low spots. I ended up using epoxy resin and then multiple coats of primer and paint to get the floor as smooth as possible. I did end up having to build a custom hatch being that the factory frame and lid would not work due to the large gaps exposed upon removing the carpet.