I have been frustrated with my battery location since I bought this boat. They take up valuable space, are very hard to install and remove and create a wiring mess in a very used locker which causes anxiety about shorting or pulling wires out as people remove stuff. So inspired by Rugger, I made the plunge on relocating my batteries under a seat. Below I have included before, during and after pics for your viewing.
I started with spill-proof AGM batteries. I then made some locating blocks to be sure the batteries are sitting where they need to be and cannot move in any direction with just enough space to access the terminals. I then made a block-off plate for under the seat to the forward locker and used it as a mounting block for switch, charger and eventually an isolator. I made sure to router all exposed edges to avoid damage to contacting surfaces and hands. From the factory, the main power and ground cables come under the floor and in the middle of the locker...like literally (you can probably see the hole in one of the after pics). I ran them down the gunnel instead.
Results: much cleaner forward stowage locker, much cleaner and easier to access battery location and I can keep that large cushion in place all the time now (it is hard to remove and install and often times gets damaged from moving it). I have to say this is by far the best upgrade I have done. I have not been out on the water yet, but just looking at it I feel a huge weight off my shoulders. I am waiting on more wire and I will clean up the wiring that is in there so that wiring will look much more organized and less crowded. I have 3 batteries in there now, but I will add a 4th down the road. I also need to run a direct power wire to the starter so I can add the isolator (only have one power that splits at the starter to alternator from factory). I also want to clean up the amp board and hide those wires as well. And eventually put carpet back in on the walls.