Here is my rebuild from several years ago on my trailer. This trailer was in pretty bad shape when I bought the boat, but cleaned up real nice!
One bunk was broke when I bought the boat and one of the pieces on the inner fender was loose as well. The trailer was obviously red to begin with and matched the boat, so I’m not sure why someone had rattle canned it black?
This is the old surge brake set up that I tore out.
New electric brakes. I did this because, at the time, I had a 1/2 ton pick up and really felt like my surge brakes were not working well enough. These work great, but I foresee issues down the road possibly with water and getting rusty. Who knows, that seems to be a problem with all boat trailers though...
My contraption for bending the new bunks
Freshly sand blasted
In the paint booth. Sure is convenient having friends in the right trades!
Took all the guts out of the surge coupler. Used like that for a couple years and then ended up putting a bull dog coupler on once this old surge set up wore out.
Getting ready to hit it with some love!
New LED lights all around.
Boiling water to soften up the new bunks.
And a perfect match! We actually matched this color with a flashlight during a thunderstorm while on the boat lift. I’d say we got pretty lucky!