I have been wanting to enlarge the interior speakers for a while and decided the new skars were a good reason to kick it off.
I measured the available space and figured out I could barely fit the 8's where the 6.5's fit.
I removed the seat base from the boat and used the template for the new speakers to mark a new cut out path.
I cut the carpet along the line I drew and then used a router to trace that path. I had to move the aluminum braces on the back of the seat base the the furthermost top and bottom. But was able to retain them.
Sadly I was kind of in a hurry to get the project done so didn't take many pictures.
This was a fairly easy project since I have had to remove that seat base piece before and finding the screws hidden by carpet is not fun at all.
Please excuse how dirty the carpet is.