Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Jeffo last won the day on February 25 2019

Jeffo had the most liked content!


35 Excellent

1 Follower

Boat Info

  • Boat
    2015 MB B52 23


  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

1,125 profile views
  1. Only what I see on You Tube
  2. Great job!! Good write up also. thanks! i will be building a set in the near future.
  3. Rugger, that Sir, is one awesome job!! Great write up as well! you Sir are a very talented individual.
  4. Nicely done! And very nice write up that could guide anyone to do a great job
  5. Hahaha! I should do that!
  6. We surf year round and this past winter, my 11 year old grand daughter starting going out with us on cold days. We were on my buddy's boat in December and he had a heater.... when Taya wasn't surfing, she was bundled up and had that tube inserted in the bundle. me being the fat F that I am had always relied on the walrus effect for heat. well, I broke down and ordered a 3 port 42,000btu unit from heatcraft up in Idaho. when the unit came, I laid everything out and saw that I hadn't ordered a circ pump. theirs was pretty pricey so I got one on Amazon for $70. it met the specs of heatcrafts but was built for solar hot water. It works fine on 12 volts. i mounted the unit by drilling and bolting it to the rear seat framing just above the vdrive. I ran a tube and vent to cockpit area. i also ran a tube to stud and port sides. I didn't want to drill the seat bases and take up storage and speaker room. So I ordered ABS sheet- 3/16 thick and drilled 2 tube ports. I made one for each side and put them in place of the trays ( that seem to collect garbage) between the cup holders. I put a y on each duct and made new tube holders out of 3" abs pipe. so I have 4- 6' tubes. 2 per side plus the driver vent. I ran the hoses to the marked fittings on the engine.next, I ran the wire to the existing heater switch. I tied the pump power into the fan power. I believe that this project was worthwhile for what we do and was well worth the money. jeffo
  7. Excellent looking job! did you make the plates or have them made? plasma cut? Or end mill?
  8. Wanted some underwater transom lights. i liked the looks of the Atwood light armor lights. So I got 4 of them. they have 12 leds each and are 3250 lumens each. first, I had to pick spots that weren't going to interfere with th surfplates and that were pretty flat. the drilling is easy after doing a ballast add. I then wired them into the existing surf light wires and switch. then I put some string leds on the swim deck. I took off the rubrail, and ran the string through a length of 11/4" clear tubing. I used the stainless rubrail bracket to hold the tubing in place. It is pretty tough to keep the stainless lined up and not screw the lights. So a helper is a big plus. I wired this into the surf lights also. next, I ran 6-6" led floods on the tower and ran the wires to the front ones to the tower light switch. I put green and red film over the front facing for"navigation" the four rearfacing, I ran to an accy. switch.
  9. Jeffo

    MB Surf tab mod

    Yes it is up when not deployed and I've heard that comment before. But there have been no issues at all.
  10. So when I bought my 2015 B52, it had factory surf system, MB Switch Gen 2. It produced a good wave but not great...(to me). i read all of the threads about the slappers and knew that the Ghetto Gate worked well on my Sanger V230. i wanted the slapper effect, but I wanted to use what I had on hand, not buy more stuff and throw out the brand new existing! so, I sat behind Blue for hours trying to come up with an idea that was cost effective and not too labor intensive. first, I made a plywood mockup to check angles and motion. then I broke out my trusty plasma and TIG gear and got to work. i already had some 3/16" stainless on hand. So I cut out a plate to replace the factory one and another in the shape of the slapper. I welded it up then used 3/8" stainless tubing to make the hinge-half. I pulled the existing hinge pin and dropped the factory plate and replaced it with my new one( on each side). So I kept the Factor actuators and brackets and the hinge-half that was already mounted to the boat. It also uses the factory controller. engage at 7 disengage at 15 or at stop. It drops in from a 45 deg. Angle and the slapper is set at app. 28 deg. To clear the swimstep when up. im much happier with the wave on both sides. I later added hdpe to them to look a little better and increase the size
  11. I like how you did your switches for the pumps better than mine
  12. Awesome. Interesting info on water force. ThAnks
  13. Rugger i had no wings before. But I figured if I was trying stuff, what the heck!!! I can always cut it off!!
  14. Just read this. That is great work!!! Cant believe the polish job on the stainless!!! I need some lessons from you!
  • Create New...