We had some upholstry that was tearing at the seams so I started the project just replacing the sun pad with some Amazon foam flooring. It went well so I kept going. I felt like the product I chose has good adhesive and the color and feel are nice. I went with the solid style and used the router to carve out the lines and the logos. I used a harbor freight palm router with a 1/4 inch straight cut bit, and a dremel rotary tool with a cone shaped sanding bit. I wasn't able to router the outside edges of the pieces which I would say is a con to the finished product. I like the way the gator step looks better but it is 3X the cost. The smelly carpet is gone and we have been out twice since the project was completed. I added a few extra pads where there was nothing before at the bow. I laid down a bunch of blue painters tape and traced the shapes I wanted. Then I peeled it up and transferred it to the flooring. It took a few weekends to cut everything and router it but the install went fast.
The first piece I did. I stuck this one down and then used the router to cut it with a 45 chamfer bit. It is flat and square so it was easy to carve the outline after it was stuck down.
Next I did the swim step. I ended up doing the swim step with a plank design but I haven't taken a picture yet. I will update it when I get one.
The interior with the carpet removed.
I scrubbed it and wiped it down with some purple power and rinsed it with water. It seems to be sticky enough even with the fiberglass texture on the floor.
The cockpit install went well. I used the glass jar to smooth out any bubbles as I laid it down. I also removed the backing in stages to be sure I had the ability to make a few final adjustments before it stuck to the floor.