So in the constant search of making maintenance easier. I decided to join the club and do a muffle delete since I have A FAE installed.
I got the Mandrel bent 60 degree bends from amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002UO49QA?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
I then removed the existing muffler by loosening the clamps and using lots of silicone spray between the rubber and the riders/ muffler.
I used a flathead screw driver to make a gap so I could get the lubricant to soak in. It was a slow process of creating the gap, then removing the screw driver and trying to wiggle it to get the lubricant spread around. Then repeating that to get it loose.
I then pushed the screw driver far enough in the tip was past the end of the riser. This allowed me to use it as a pry bar to pry the rubber tubing off the riser.
Repeat the process to remove the rubber tubing from the muffler outlet.
I can actually see my water pump now.
I had to trim mine up the bend to fit. The first bend I ordered did not have long enough legs. So when I ordered the second one I got one with much longer legs.
I had to assemble mine outside the boat and install it as a whole to get all of the hoses on.
I would recommend leaving the clamps loose till you have everything aligned.
Now look at how much more room there is!!!
One thing I did notice was that the muffler was hollow. I figured it would have some packing or baffles of some kind in it. Or maybe after 1k hours mine was burnt out.
I haven't had a chance to take it out to see if there is much of a sound difference yet.