Jump to content
  • projects-database-banner3.png

  • Share your completed boat projects!  DIY or Professional Installs

    Imagine a single giant database of boat projects for all brands, organized by category, boat type or budget.   Share your projects, find inspiration for a new upgrade, or learn the basics or low budget solutions from projects before you.   We can all share and learn from each other in one place.  

    No project is too plain, cheap or lame to post... all will be helpful to someone.  Let's build this!!!!

    Please register or log in first:

    1) Pick a category

    2) Click "Add New Project"

    3) Update your project anytime!

    ***Professional Shops are also welcome to showcase custom work for any category, but you must designate your company name under "installation shop"  with included info.

  • Sign in to follow this  

    Bimini Surf Pockets


    tunafoot
    • Year: 2013 Brand: Tige Model / Trim: Z3 Cost: $0-$249 DIY or Professional Install: I installed it

    Added some surf pockets  and they work awesome. So much easier than using the surf racks and should be a little easier on the boards.
     

    IMG_0740.jpg

     

    First I laid out the boards and outlined with chalk

     

    IMG_0704.jpg.0390481969ee64ac9edddcd3dc74f7c3.jpg

     

    IMG_0720.jpg.048fad180769ff81d83a51a93e7d8502.jpg

     

    My DAKINE bag was already the perfect shape. Figured I'd just use it as a pattern

    IMG_0721.jpg.86520311f427071a1843ce76445aef12.jpg

     

    I bought some mesh from the local upholstery shop, it was $6.95/yd. Also got some sunbrella seconds for $12.95/yd and nylon edging


    I ended up using a layer of sunbrella between the Bimini and a layer of mesh. I doubt the mesh will hold up as well as the sunbrella, but I had read that I might have problem with boards warping due to heat if I only used sunbrella. the extra layer of sunbrella under the boards would also help mitigate any issues I'd have with wear and tear of the factory bimini

    IMG_0722.jpg.ce59f65c4b8619ef38e77c18f0de7238.jpg

    IMG_0725.jpg.f1b3f573dfed3450ee8c61701f7d03bc.jpg

     

    the first pocket sewn on

     

     

    IMG_0727.jpg.1ef49404168261cf67b5a7dcb7922758.jpg

    The starboard side had a built in pocket that needed to be relocated to remain functional.

    IMG_0739.jpg.6fb4230ff436985a7a7b5025ea94ebb6.jpg

    IMG_0736.jpg.c63969b6352fafff5c82d3060b661db8.jpg

     

    Both sides done.  I made one of the elastic bungee retainers a bit longer to accommodate the longer fin position on the inland surfboard

     

    IMG_0738.jpg.9c19b87de3e093cb3e740527d55c4856.jpg

    The shorter bungee worked just as well with the longer board if you only capture one fin.

    IMG_0741.jpg.e02adef157caa2833d8423ad27b1233c.jpg

     

    IMG_0742.jpg.288d8c43da6b433f599833b185f854f5.jpg

    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments

    There are no comments to display.



    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Add a comment...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...