Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Jase last won the day on April 6 2020

Jase had the most liked content!


6 Neutral

Boat Info

  • Boat
    2006 Moomba Mobius XLV


  • Location
    Spokane, WA USA

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. @JEVERS76 Thanks, good question. The outlet ports (or thru-hull vents) serve as vents for each bag. Even if you switch the reversible pumps, you'll still need a vent for each bag. I modified my vents for 2 reasons: 1. I added a fourth bag (400lb under midship bench seat behind driver), so had to drill for that. 2. I wanted all of my vent thru-hulls to match, and liked how the cheap plastic "chrome" gave a cleaner look. They are larger than the stock black plastic vents, so had to re-drill the original holes. I think it was 1 5/16".... wakemakers website explains it.
  2. Hi there! Great write-up and project - thank you! Question: this offseason, I'm planning to do almost the same project - split an existing thru-hull with a "t fitting" in order to add a reversible pump to feed a bow bag. How much does "t-ing" the plumbing cut down on fill/drain time between 2 reversible pumps? Have you been able to notice? Also, have you noticed that adding an addition "t fitting" to fill/drain into 2 different ports on your bow bag making much of a difference in fill/drain times? And, did you use all 1" material? Or, did you go 1 1/8" material to the "t", and then reduce to 1"? Hopefully my questions make sense! Thanks! Jase
  3. Thanks again for all of your help!
  4. After enjoying our first season surfing on our new-to-us 2006 Moomba XLV last summer, I was ready to overhaul the terribly slow stock sprinkler valve/aerator pump/manifold ballast system Moomba used. So this Spring, I set out to redesign the system. Huge shout out to @TimbrSS for his help, as I used his project and advice along the way. Overall, I added 2 new Wakemakers 1140# bags in each rear locker, kept the stock Gravity Games front 1180# bag in the ski locker, and re-purposed one of the stock 400# bags to a driver's side midship placement, since my family all surfs goofy. Each bag is filled/drained with 1" lines and by its own Johnson reversible pump. I used a slower Jabsco pump for the 400# bag. I had a pump rack custom built and painted by my crafty neighbor... thanks Jerry!! Here's the details: Step 1: Tear out the stock system... Here's a stack of some of its parts. Next, I ran the electrical. I used 10 awg wire from the Blue Seas Fuse Block to the stock Carling Switches, and then to the pumps. I swapped out a stock ACC switch cover for a custom midship switch cover I designed from Rocker Switch Pros. I still need to run my cable from my house battery to the fuse block. On to cutting holes... I used the stock 3/4" thru hull/ball valve from the original manifold system for the Jabsco/Midship pump and bag. Then, I added 3 new 1" thru hulls/valves for the other pumps. I cut 2 on the driver side of the v-drive (which I staggered for a hopeful reduction in flow interference if I'm trying to fill on the move), and another on the other side of the v-drive (behind the raw water scupper intake so not to cause any interference with that intake) ... 4 thru hulls total. For the vents, I had to drill 1 new vent for the midship bag, and had to enlarge all others for my new vent thru hulls... I wanted to remove the stock plastic ones and have all others match to give a clean look. I had to use a deep socket to guide the hole saw into the pre-existing holes to enlarge them. When it came to tightening down the ball valves and fill/drain thru hulls, I had to create a key to fit inside the thru hulls from a 5/8" deep socket, with a notch I ground into the middle. For my pump location, I designed a rack similar to @TimbrSS and had a neighbor weld, prime, and paint a custom 4 pump rack to hang the reversible pumps on. Then I installed the pumps on the rack, wired them up, and then mounted the rack to the transom. I looped my wiring at the pumps to leave room for future changes (I wanted to order up some deutsch connectors for this but was ready to save some coin by this point), and did it in a way that I could fit the loops behind the top lip of the stock transom cut out. I wanted to Last, I routed all of the new 1" lines and new fittings for fill/drain, re-purposed some of the 3/4" stock system line and fittings for vents, and threw the bags into their lockers.
  • Create New...