The interior was in pretty good shape for a 16 year old boat. The part that really bugged me was that the sun deck was spray painted by the previous owner to try to hide a cigarette burn that he tried to fix. Also wasnt a big fan of the orange welting. There were also a couple seat covers that had been replaced and didn't match the rest of the boat.
I wasn't able to find material that matched the factory upholstery, so I decided to swap out the perforated material for a light grey. But after seeing how bad the old seats really were I opted to do the entire boat.
The seats were a lot more work than I had expected. I figured it would take a couple weeks to complete, but it took the better part of 2 months of nights and weekends to finish everything.
While pulling out the seats I found out the carpet was so much worse than I had originally thought. This was about the same time I had found a good deal on a newer Tige Z3. I ended up buying the Tige and was now the owner of two boats. My wife thought I should just sell the Malibu and stop dumping money into it, but I had come this far and the old girl deserved some new carpet.
Entire carpet project is here: