Jump to content

Playjay

Members
  • Content Count

    45
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    10

Playjay last won the day on November 17 2019

Playjay had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

23 Excellent

About Playjay

  • Rank
    Project Hack

Boat Info

  • Boat
    2007 Mastercraft X2

Location

  • Location
    Atlanta ga

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I got of my list done during quarantine. Gator step. Interior lighting, and big dock work. Currently reinstalling my refurbished rudder port thanks to OJ props lightning fast turn around. Next up 3” riser for my drivers seat. No face book but I’m killing the likes on insta. Wish me luck
  2. Nice. I love me some wood projects. What did you seal the bottom with?
  3. Nice jase. Stepping up everyone’s game.
  4. Yeah sorry my project started before I joined and I didn’t get any pics seeing as I didn’t think there would be anybody who cared. Besides the 4 oak dowels, I simply wood glued it, put every clamp I had (or stole from my father) on it and let it cure for a week
  5. Yep I think we r on the same page....... and then another and another....
  6. Completely agree. My tail is way too rounded. And I believe that is my biggest problem with push. Notes for the next one. Thx
  7. That’s awesome. Big Hendrix fan. With the flat tail u get huge push?? I think that’s where I’m going wrong.
  8. Had a light boat and wave was marginal at best. The board was a bit sluggish on speed but cut like a dream. Lots of ideas for the next one.
  9. Ride description and pics to come hopefully this week. Sry been super busy
  10. I started with 2x4x8 cedar from Home Depot. I copied my elevation off a ronix koal. I cut all the boards the same to the elevation pattern on the band saw. I then lined them all up and clamped them from below. I used the same ronix to “foot print” an outline and cut it with a jig saw. Using the rough board I was able to find where would be best to put my oak dowels and figure my lengths . I was able to use four. Lots of planning so the dowels would be “buried” in the board by at least 3/4”. I then used a drill press to cut the holes for the dowels and only hole depth on the outside boards. I then used the drill press to make 1 1/4 deep 3/4 diameter holes through out the entire board but not going all the way through. In theory it’s mostly hollow but because I didn’t go all the way through, it’s chambered. In theory if one hole fails and fills with water, it will only effect that hole. From here I beat the oak dowels in and glued the heck out of it with titebond 3. Once everything was sandwiched together, I clamped it and let it sit for a week. Once unclamped I used a DT automotive sander with 40 grit sand To smooth the top and bottom. Once the rough contour was done, I used a router to round the sides. From here I used smother sand paper and lighter machines. IE. went from the DT to a belt sander to a orbital to block sanding while also using lighter and lighter sand paper all the way to 600grit. I drilled my holes for the fins using the ronix as a guide. There was a lot of butt puckering at this stage. I finished with around 10 coats of poly on both sides. When poly’ing one side I put painters tape 3/4 the way down the side effectively putting 20 coats on the sides and avoiding drips. Between coats, I block sanded with 400 grit per manufacture instructions. I epoxied the anchors for the fins and used the fins themselves for alignment. After that I stuck the dakine pads down and project done. Thanks for having me. I hope I did this right.
×
×
  • Create New...