So in 2015, I had built my own FAE and it was a major improvement over the stock exhaust. But....I saw the Silent Stinger for Centurion and I liked the concept. The exhaust is routed through a chamber in the cav plate and mixed with water before exhausting. So, I had to see if I could do something similar. My first attempt, I tried to set it up like Centurion. (First 2 pics) but on testing, I found that the small holes caused foaming in the wave. Also, the outlet port on the bottom wasn't angled enough and with the cav plate down, I actually plugged up the exhaust enough that I blew a hose by the cats.
so, I went back to the drawing board and did some redesigning. I cut out the bottom plate and made a new one that exhausts back and down instead of just a straight down nozzle. I also plugged off all of the small holes after these pics. It works good. My surf wave is clean, no FAE Roostertail at high speed, no exhaust in the face like factory did, and cav plate still functions as one. Next 4 pics
last pic is the FAE that I made and replaced:))