The swim platform on my 247 was loose. The original aluminum brackets had worn out, allowing the platform to move about 3-4" up and down as the waves would hit the boat. It was pretty annoying.
You can see the gap here. The aluminum was originally anodized to help protect it, but mine was worn out.
I contemplated making my own brackets, or simply running a bolt through the step side bracket, but ultimately I decided to upgrade to the newer stainless brackets from the newer model boats, thinking it would be a simple bolt on repair. It would be expensive, but I thought it would save time. I was wrong. I ended up having to modify the new brackets to match my current holes in the boat. I used bracket #4724222 (from Andrew at Bakes)
To finish off the project, I removed the old black rubber pad on the swim step, and replaced with a seadek pad. The new equipment looks much better, and platform is still solid after 3 years.