I started out by creating custom templates. I have a prodim machine that I used to create the templates but you could also create them with mylar film and a sharpie. I designed and fabricated the flooring off of the templates. Once I had the completed product, I removed the snap in carpet and all the snaps. Next I thoroughly cleaned the floor with windex and then again with denatured alcohol. Next I peeled off all of the stock natique mats on swim platform and stern steps. I did this mostly by hand and with a little help from a putty knife and 9 in 1 tool. Those natique mats left a bunch of adhesive residue and a black ring around all of the inlays so I buffed it out with some rubbing compound for about an hour and a half. Once I had the surface adequately prepared for the flooring to go down on, I started placing each piece. I like to work from bow to stern. It took me about an hour and a half to install all the flooring. I start by peeling the backing on the flooring back and creasing it to reveal about 1 " of the adhesive. Next I place the piece down on the deck and the creased backing does a good job of keeping the adhesive from touching the deck while i get my alignment. Once i feel that it is aligned properly i will tack the adhesive in a few spots. Next i take a step back and make sure the alignment is good. Once i am satisfied i will set the adhesive and then remove the rest of the backing. Next i run my hand over the product back and forth setting the adhesive and trying to work out any bubbles. After i have the piece down i press the beveled edge very hard all the way around to ensure a good bond with the deck. Once all the pieces were down i blew the boat out with a blower and it was ready to hit the lake!