New GLIDE Product Giveaway 2020 - For Wake Garage Members Only

2020 has been a dumpster fire so far.    But we have good news!    We can turn this around!

9238194_0.jpg

2020 BOAT PROJECTS ARE ESSENTIAL!

ANNOUNCING:   PRODUCT GIVEAWAY FOR WAKE GARAGE MEMBERS ONLY  

Ends June/30/2020

Glide Bearings has stepped up to help Wake Garage members with an essential project -- a dripless shaft seal and bearings!  

Up for grabs is a special edition Glide dripless shaft seal system for your boat.  We will do a drawing similar to the previous contest.    Last year the honor when to @Shadetreefab.

Still time to upgrade your boat this year... or make it an off season project.

The Prize...
The Glide “special edition” green GMSS updates your old bronze stuffing/packing box for a smoother, maintenance-free, drip-free operation.    Glide Bearings is now the choice of top boat builders including: MB, NXT, Tige, Axis, Supreme, Correct Craft, Centurion, Malibu, and MasterCraft.  They are awesome!   

- Winner to choose between 1" or 1.125" shaft size (depending on your boat)
- Exclusive GLIDE 100 Polymer
 dripless system
- Seal Vault face plate with 2-axis seal retention
- 316 SS fasteners for installation
- Double lip seal, 100% TFE Teflon Seal
- Slide & Lock grooves for added hose retention
- Reinforced silicone rubber "Hump Hose" with stainless steel hose clamps
- 3/8" x 6' reinforced water supply hose with hose clamps
- "T" Connector

- Glide hat, decal and T-shirt!
- Wake Garage domed decal

BA05EBD2-39F4-4B9F-8C92-3148F002B726.jpeg

GlidehatandTshirt.jpg

Examples of installation are found in our Completed Projects Database.

HERE'S HOW YOU ENTER...

Enter for the drawing by posting a REPLY in the thread below

- Tell us what year/make/model you have

- Include a picture of your boat, and tell us what projects or upgrades you'd like to make this year

-  Hit “Like” on Glide Bearings Facebook Page 

- Contest ends at midnight, June 30, 2020.

- Signing up will earn a single (1) entry count.   May only sign up one time.

- Members who have posted projects to the Completed Projects database by midnight 6/30/20 will also earn an additional (1) entry count for each project submitted, up to a max of three projects (max 3 additional entries).  Projects already submitted prior to this announcement will count.  So the maximum entry count for a single member is four (1 for sign up, plus 3 for three or more posted projects).    That's right... helping others increases your chances.

- Winner to be notified by email and announced on Wake Garage.

- Professional dealers/installers showcasing their customers’ boats on Wake Garage are not eligible for the prize, but are welcome to encourage their customers to participate as individual members.  Wake Garage administrators, and previous winners are also not eligible for drawing.

- Rules subject to change at any time as needed by Wake Garage and/or Glide Bearings & Seal Systems.

• Like 1

In for giveaway #3, thanks Glide! 

2007 Centurion Typhoon

It's been a looooooong Winter of upgrades since I bought this last September.  Upgrades include new interior and Aqua Marine Deck platform pad replacement, 1600gph ballast pumps, 1300lb ballast bags in the rear, Sideswipe exhaust conversion to a homemade FAE-style system, Acme 1619 prop, added a stereo battery and the Blue Seas ACR and battery switch, added 3 amps, 2x12" subs and a WS EQ, replacing a bunch of broken stuff like the blower, tower amp, hatch struts and all of the ballast drain pumps.  Oh and of course automated surfgates.  Still to do this Spring is a wetsand and buff.

No current pics but here's what she looked like last Fall:

boat side.jpeg

• Like 1

I got of my list done during quarantine. Gator step. Interior lighting, and big dock work. Currently reinstalling my refurbished rudder port thanks to OJ props lightning fast turn around. Next up 3” riser for my drivers seat. No face book but I’m killing the likes on insta. Wish me luck

3B898B46-373D-4E89-98F7-15071DB78153.jpeg

• Like 1

• Rugger featured this topic

2003 Tige 22 LTD,  All new audio, HU, amps sub& box, tower, remotes, new vinyl, re-plumbed ballast cleaned up all the wiring, new nav lights, new battery breakers, added USB charging ports, degreased and cleaned engine compartment,  This winter, new glide dripless, hint hint, perfect pass gps upgrade.

IMG_3539.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!!

2005 SAN 210 here!

I need to have my shaft seal fixed as well as stereo install info. I’ve already purchased a bunch of Exile Audio equipment, just need it in!! Thanks!!

Does anyone know why my photos upload sideways? Lol

2ECB1376-9D30-4CD2-805C-482C3B49943B.jpeg

Edited by Charles

7 hours ago, tunafoot said:

Bought it sight unseen from a dealer in New York for $15K.  I'll start a thread this week. 

yikes...definitely some salt usage apparent in that one.  sad to see a 2013 in such rough shape, but worth it for only 15k!

Got a 2007 Calabria Pro-V 
planning on redoing the transom coverings and add a walk through portion to the engine cover, put switches for my ballast bags and maybe add some slappers... also, I don’t have Facebook but I will have my wife add. Thanks again

E7E8F080-5E32-43EE-B95E-EBB32422711F.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

HOLY CRAP!  I have a ridiculous leak in my mid-bilge area and am planning to replace the Dripless shaft seal in my 2014 Axis A24 ASAP.  This is my first boat, got a slip at my campground... and the boat has been taking on 6+ inches of water overnight.  Its on the trailer now just sitting around waiting for parts & DIY labor. 

This giveaway would be a LIFESAVER!  This Axis is a dram boat and I can't WAIT to get back on the lake!  Sophie seconds this comment (my furry skipper).

Also, any vids, recommendations or guidance on this project would be much appreciated.  I am quite handy, but have very little experience with marine engines.  IMG_2886.jpg.2b48f2df6963e8220f0ffba59c46f372.jpg

IMG_2514.JPG

IMG_3108.jpg

Sanger v230 installed 2 1100 ballsts in lockers 700 in ski locker and new fast pumps Installed home made surf tabs,installed FAE, made new Bimini top with surf pockets installed new swivel and bolster captains chair.

Need to install hot shower

This site has been a big help.

IMG_20200514_080217.jpg

Some good looking boats on here.  Entry for the 2020 drawing is now closed.  Admin will work with Glide and announce the winner in the next few days.  Good luck everyone!!

• Like 1