(EXPIRED). Free Dripless Seal System Upgrade -- Must Reply to Enter

2 hours ago, CALIV210 said:

1998 Sanger V210 . Its nothing fancy but we love it . It would have the new tower installed but somehow a wedding got in the way .

Nice boat.  And congrats if you just got married.  

Man I just did this last year, think I either added it as a project or tacked onto the completed original project which was the reason I went with the glide. My install was a pain because the motor was way out of alignment....probably half the reason the cutlass went bad. I am happy with the parts that were provided and the Glide folks were awesome. If I enter and win can I donate it to my favorite entrant???  2005 Avalanche, projects so far since this picture was taken.

Glide bearings and seals

Flooring

home made wake gate

Ballast work

figuring out how to properly service everything

cut me some slack I've only owned it a full season...I'll get some more stuff going.

Projects before this picture was taken were a steering cable and pulled the stickers and buffed out the deep scratches.

739.JPG

Edited by rhino89523
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Rugger said:

Nice boat.  And congrats if you just got married.  

Thank you !! We are getting married in September shes a great woman and deserves her BIG wedding so I guess all my fun plans are on hold .Except hunting in November of course ..lol

• Like 1

On 5/8/2018 at 6:34 PM, rhino89523 said:

Projects before this picture was taken were a steering cable and pulled the stickers and buffed out the deep scratches.

nice avy!  i've always wondered if the decals on them were part of the gel process or removable, and your picture answers that!  did you have the flames or the avalanche logo?

Mine had a big Avalanche thing on there kind of tribal like...with scratches through it and pretty deep into the Gel coat...all part of price negotiations. I thought I could live with the scratches, and I could have. I bought the boat in Oregon and live in Nevada so had time to think on the drive home. Bought some rubbing compound on the drive and spot checked it. That night I used the heat gun to pull the stickers and wet sanded the whole side, then started polishing. When the wife came out to see our "new" boat for the first time I had the whole side all white looking from wet sanding and I thought she was going to lose it. The picture I posted was the next morning. It came out really good and I actually prefer it without the stickers. This is actually how the boat looked when I bought it.image.png.e3a25f1bd47afdfb57b43093fe1a1b3d.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rhino89523 said:

Mine had a big Avalanche thing on there kind of tribal like...with scratches through it and pretty deep into the Gel coat...all part of price negotiations. I thought I could live with the scratches, and I could have. I bought the boat in Oregon and live in Nevada so had time to think on the drive home. Bought some rubbing compound on the drive and spot checked it. That night I used the heat gun to pull the stickers and wet sanded the whole side, then started polishing. When the wife came out to see our "new" boat for the first time I had the whole side all white looking from wet sanding and I thought she was going to lose it. The picture I posted was the next morning. It came out really good and I actually prefer it without the stickers. This is actually how the boat looked when I bought it.image.png.e3a25f1bd47afdfb57b43093fe1a1b3d.png

Probably looked like my wife every time I start a new project and rip the boat apart.   She’s been booking camping plans since last year.   We are two weeks away from our trip and the boat is in pieces with me hoping my plan even works.

I like yours without stickers.  Looks good

51 minutes ago, rhino89523 said:

Mine had a big Avalanche thing on there kind of tribal like...with scratches through it and pretty deep into the Gel coat...all part of price negotiations. I thought I could live with the scratches, and I could have. I bought the boat in Oregon and live in Nevada so had time to think on the drive home. Bought some rubbing compound on the drive and spot checked it. That night I used the heat gun to pull the stickers and wet sanded the whole side, then started polishing. When the wife came out to see our "new" boat for the first time I had the whole side all white looking from wet sanding and I thought she was going to lose it. The picture I posted was the next morning. It came out really good and I actually prefer it without the stickers. This is actually how the boat looked when I bought it.

i like that clean look.  i'm not a big fan of most "older" boats' decals...it's funny how quickly they go out of style.

2006 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV

Pic was taken right after I completed my new graphics install.  Planning to post that up here as soon as I get some new outside pics of it.

20180311_130431.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/16/2018 at 10:30 AM, rhino89523 said:

Nice garage, I built a 1200sqft in my backyard and wish I went at least double that size.

I wish it was my garage.  It's my buddy's body shop.  He lets me borrow the shop on weekends once in awhile.

Edited by Kojak